Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Welcome!

Wooo! You found me!

I have spent the last eight years teaching language arts in a small town in Ohio. Several years ago my best friend/coworker/coffee addict/omelet maker extraordinaire Karson Reed and I began combining our classes for monthly book talks. During these talks, we each took turns recommending a total of twelve books to our kids. We also cracked jokes, acted things out, and were basically shameless in our presentation. We did our best to find the best new books for our kids, and we loved the fact that so many kids got excited about reading...not always the top priority for the fourteen year old crowd!

Karson moved to North Carolina (thanks a lot Chad Reed), but we each continued to book talk in our separate schools. We both found that we missed hearing about the books the other was reading, so we decided a blog would be a great way to keep each other (and everyone else) current on what we are reading. Although nothing can replace our comedy routine when we're together (at least we think we're funny), this is the next best thing.

Please check out both of our blogs frequently for the latest in YA literature! Karson and I have very different tastes in what we read, so between us we cover quite a bit. If you read one of the books mentioned, please feel free to leave your honest opinion. I always tell my students, "I didn't write the book, so it won't hurt my feelings if you hate it." Knowing what's well received helps us to find more great stuff!

Happy reading!

Meghan
aka Mrs. Philpot


4 comments:

  1. I couldn't have put it better myself...hey look...something shiny...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you guys are doing this! :)
    I'm in need of some good books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Philpot! *in my best whiney voice* Do I have too?!

    I love fellow bloggers! If I read yours will you read mine? LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misshessh Philpot RULESH!! Shorry for my lishp! I have my reshtainer in! Thank god I haven't losht it again. Remember when that happened Misshessh P????!?!?

    ReplyDelete